Join the NNLM
We are the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM), a collaborative group of libraries and other organizations dedicated to improving the health literacy of our communities through promotion of reliable health information resources and instruction on how to use them. We serve everyone from all spectrums of the health care transaction – from health professionals to patients. Membership and all services are FREE!
NNLM is one of the outreach arms of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) and is divided into 8 regions across the country. We are the Southeastern/Atlantic region and we serve these states and territories: Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, the US Virgin Islands, Virginia and West Virginia. If you’re from another state, find your regional contacts here: https://nnlm.gov/regions]
Complete our New Member Application and join us in the fight against health disparities. You don’t have to apply for our funding to be supported by our materials and resources, but it sure helps! 🙂
This is a great time to join NNLM and start planning your health outreach projects for our New Round of Funding Opportunities to be announced in February!
(Only NNLM SEA members are eligible to apply for funding.)
Projects run from May 1st, 2019 to April, 30th, 2020 – How can we help your community?
Besides that our FREE membership connects you with a great network, there are many other benefits:
- Free training on PubMed, MedlinePlus, other NLM Databases or topics like Multilingual Health Information, Data Visualization, and Grant Writing among many others.
- Our free CE classes support the Medical Library Association’s Consumer Health Information Specialization (CHIS) program
- Funding in support of your health information outreach, technology improvement, professional development or exhibit participation.
- Free health information materials shipped from NLM – think PubMed and MedlinePlus cards and bookmarks among TONS of other stuff!
- NLM traveling exhibits delivered to you and WE pay the shipping! Themes from The History of Medicine to Harry Potter to Medical Careers to Frankenstein to Graphic Medicine to the DNA of Beer are only a few possibilities.
- Keep up on regional and NLM news and updates, including funding announcements from NNLM and NLM and keep informed as a subscriber to SEA Currents, the NNLM SEA blog. You can even contribute to the blog or present a webinar for a nice resume bullet – Just let us know if you’re interested!
- Networking with other members to form partnerships, share expertise or just enjoy connecting with colleagues!
We’d love to welcome you to the network – Please reach out and let me know how we can be of assistance to you and your community.
Join us! New Member Application
Wishing you healthy & happy communities,
Nancy Patterson, MLS
Network Engagement Coordinator
NNLM, Southeastern/Atlantic Region
University of Maryland, Baltimore
Health Sciences & Human Services Library
601 West Lombard Street
Baltimore MD 21201
Direct Line: (410) 706-2858