The Harrison Medical Library has an opening for a year-long, part-time (16 hours/week) paid intern to work as a Library Informationist. Hours can be scheduled around the library hours of operation, 8 am- 5 pm, Monday – Friday. This internship can be modified to meet requirements for course credit, if desired. Position is available immediately.
Scheduling arrangements can be made to accommodate non-local students, but these students are responsible for making their own housing arrangements.
Learning opportunities during the internship include:
* Delivery of reference assistance to faculty, staff and community members
* Collection development
* Clinical rounds
* Participation and teaching classes to community and faculty
* Collection and archiving of faculty publications
* Marketing of library services
* Mediated literature searching
* Funding sources
* Library management
* Applicants must be currently enrolled in an American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Masters of Library/Information Science program and have an interest in medical librarianship
* Graduate school students are preferred but undergraduates majoring in library/ information science may apply
* Recent graduates (within the last year) from an ALA-accredited program will also be considered
To apply, please visit www.bayviewjobs.org and complete the online application. Search for the position by requisition number 10625.
Please contact Christine Caufield-Noll, Senior Informationist, at 410-550-0681 or by e-mail at email@example.com with questions or for more information.
About Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center:
Open the door to the best of both worlds…Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center offers a unique environment that combines the prestige and opportunities of a respected academic medical center with the personality and camaraderie of a community hospital.
With a rich history of healing and a world-famous reputation, Johns Hopkins Bayview can offer you an exciting, fulfilling career, wherever you are on your career path.