MAC Annual Meeting scholarship for new librarians
If you have been a librarian for 5 years or less and would like to attend the 2014 MAC Annual Meeting in Alexandria, VA, don’t miss this opportunity to have most of your expenses covered!
The Membership and Recruitment Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC) of the Medical Library Association invites new librarians to apply for a conference scholarship to attend the MAC Annual Meeting, which will be held October 18-21 in Alexandria.
The selected recipient will receive complimentary conference registration, which includes most meals, lodging at the conference hotel, and a one-year MAC/MLA membership. One scholarship will be awarded.
Scholarship applicants must be:
· A MAC member with 5 or less years of post-MLS experience
· Preference will be given to first time attendees of the MAC Annual Meeting but all new librarian applicants are welcome
· Currently employed in a medical or health science librarian position in the MAC/MLA region: District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Western Pennsylvania
· Willing to submit a one-page report detailing their experience and impression of the meeting to appear in MAC Messages Blog.
· Committed to attend ENTIRE meeting
Past awardees of the MAC Scholarship are not eligible.
To be considered for this award, you must
· Obtain a letter of recommendation from your supervisor or library director
· Submit an essay, NO MORE THAN 500 WORDS, describing your interest in participating in the 2014 Conference Scholar Program, your interest in health sciences librarianship, and how attending the MAC/MLA meeting will contribute to your professional development.
· Submit a current resume and cover letter.
Deadline for Submission:
Email completed applications to the MAC Conference Scholars Program at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, August 21, 2014.
All scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by August 29, 2014.
Note: Applicants should not register for the MAC Annual Meeting until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds.
Please direct questions to Katherine Downton, MAC Membership & Recruitment Committee Chair, at email@example.com.