MAC MLA Outstanding Health Sciences Library Paraprofessional of the Year Award – Deadline this Friday!
Do you work with an inspiring health sciences library paraprofessional? Recognize them for the work they do with the MAC MLA Outstanding Health Sciences Library Paraprofessional of the Year Award! This new award is to honor an outstanding library paraprofessional in the health sciences library and to recognize the critical role and important contributions they make to the development and evolution of modern health sciences libraries and librarianship.
Considerations/criteria for nominating a paraprofessional for this award include, but are not limited to, a paraprofessional that:
- Provides consistently, excellent library service.
- Continually suggests improvements or innovative ideas and is willing to take the lead in making good suggestions a reality.
- Encourages and promotes the library’s mission, facilities and resources.
- Enhances the promotion and marketing endeavors of the library through facilitating productive, effective communication between users and the library.
- Is professionally curious and is willing to take risks, even if that means moving beyond their comfort zone.
- Is a lifelong learner and regularly attends training or other local or regional events to improve their skills and knowledge base.
Nominations can be made by any MAC MLA member. Self-nominations are encouraged. For this award, potential awardees do not need to be an existing or current MAC Member to be nominated. The goal of this new award is to encourage interest in health sciences librarianship and the MAC MLA Chapter. Please use the available form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/paraprofessional2016.
We will honor the award recipient during the business meeting at the 2016 Tri-Chapter MLA Conference September 25-28, 2016 in Philadelphia, PA. The award recipient will receive a plaque, one-year MAC membership, and a cash award of $250. Additionally, nominators and self-nominators will be entered into a drawing for a free one-year MAC membership.
The deadline for submitting nominations for this award is Friday, July 1, 2016.