MAC Scholar Award Deadline
New Librarians – Don’t miss the opportunity to apply for this scholarship, which includes free 2012 conference registration, lodging, and a MAC/MLA membership! Applications for the 2012 MAC Scholar Award are due in just one week.
This year’s meeting will be part of the MLA Quad Chapter Meeting held at the Tremont Plaza Hotel in Baltimore, MD, October 13-16.
One scholarship will be awarded. The selected recipient will receive complimentary conference registration, which includes most meals, lodging at the conference hotel, and a one-year MAC/MLA membership.
Scholarship applicants must be:
• A MAC member with 5 or less years of post-MLS experience
• A first-time attendee at a the MAC/MLA Annual meeting
• Currently employed in a hospital or academic medical center library in the MAC/MLA region: District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Western Pennsylvania
• Willing to submit a one-page report detailing their experience and impression of the meeting to appear in MAC Messages Blog.
• Committed to attend ENTIRE meeting from October 13-16, 2012.
To be considered for this award, you must:
• Obtain a letter of recommendation from your supervisor or library director
• Submit an essay, NO MORE THAN 500 WORDS, describing your interest in participating in the 2012 Conference Scholar Program, your interest in health sciences librarianship, and how attending the MAC/MLA meeting will contribute to your professional development.
• Submit a current resume and cover letter.
Deadline for Submission
Applicants should email their completed applications to the MAC Conference Scholars Program at email@example.com by Friday, August 24, 2012.
All scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by Friday, August 31, 2012.
Note: The selection committee requests that applicants not register for the MAC Annual Meeting until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds.
Please contact Ryan Harris, MAC Membership and Recruitment Committee Chair, if you have any further questions, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-706-1315