Medical Librarian, Carolinas HealthCare System, Charlotte, NC
Position: Medical Librarian
Date: Jul 21, 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC, US, 28203
Company: Carolinas HealthCare System
Job Req ID: 140074
Position Number: 00107626
Employment Type: Full Time
Est. Salary Range: 46,633.60 – 69,950.40
Shift Details: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Standard Hours: 40
Department Name: AHEC Library
Location: AHEC Regional Education
Location Details: CHS Main
Performs daily operations of library services including literature searches, reference interviews and questions, current awareness services, library instruction and reference desk operation and staffing. Ensures information needs of our constituents are met.
* Disseminates biomedical information and library services throughout Carolinas HealthCare System (CHS) and the Charlotte AHEC region through outreach visits, library services, technology, and training programs.
* Contributes to CHS, AHEC, and AHEC Library publications, newsletters, and/or calendars.
* Serves on CHS and AHEC committees as assigned.
* Represents the AHEC Library at local, regional, and statewide AHEC meetings pertinent to its operations and goals.
* Participates in outreach activities in compliance with the North Carolina AHEC mission.
* Assists with AHEC Library orientations.
Fast paced service and educational environment. Management of multiple projects with deadlines. Sight, hearing, and speech capabilities sufficient to communicate well with individuals or groups. Includes travel to statewide AHEC sites as well as CHS facilities and affiliate locations. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
Masters’ Degree in Library and/or Information Science from an ALA accredited program required. Strong research skills and experience using office hardware, software and networks as well as knowledge using audiovisual equipment preferred.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer