Message from the Chair – MAC Goals for 2018-2019
Greetings MAC Members!
The MAC Board recently met for its Winter Board meeting. During the meeting, the MAC Executive Board meets with Committee Chairs and provide updates of what’s happening within MAC. One of the items I asked each committee to do is share a goal they’d like to accomplish. Below are our committee and board goals:
- Ensure that all subscribed members receive MAC Messages blog posts in the proper format.
Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Develop the task force into a committee.
- Develop a Plan of Action for the committee and suggest recommendations for MAC based on initial survey results.
Honors and Awards Committee
- Ensure that the MAC Awards are up-to-date and current on the new MACMLA website.
- Recruit a slate of candidates for each of the award categories.
Membership and Recruitment Committee
- Increase online presence of the MAC Buddy program including online registrations.
- Recruit a slate of nominees to run for offices for the MAC membership to vote.
Professional Development Committee
- Review Policy and Procedures to review methods in which MAC members may receive honoraria when providing a CE course at the MAC annual Conference.
- Investigate possibility of offering webinars for MAC members and provide more than 2 CEs at the Annual Conference
Research and Assessment Committee
- Investigate revisions to the Research and Assessment Grant to incorporate open access requirements for both publication and data collected.
- Solicit applications for the Research and Assessment Grant
2019 Meeting Planning Committee
- Plan a successfully annual conference utilizing survey evaluations from the 2018 conference and support from other MACMLA committees.
2020 Meeting Planning Committee
- Locate 2020 Co-Planning Chairs to begin planning the 2020 Annual Meeting.
- Update the MACMLA Website and include the new MAC Logo on the site, letterhead, and forms
- Maintain a healthy chapter’s financial status
- Switch MACMLA’s billing from PayPal to Wild Apricot for payments
- Confirm that MACMLA bylaws comply with the new MLA bylaws.
I would also like to inform our members that the Board voted to approve support to support a MLA Research Training Institute 2019 Fellow with a $2,300 donation. I hope that a number of our members applied to participate this year. I look forward to learning who in MAC is selected next month!
More exciting things will be coming down the pipeline. If you have any questions about what’s going on with MAC, please feel free to contact me.