MLA InSight Initiative Summit
Applications Now Open for the MLA InSight Initiative Summit
The MLA InSight Initiative provides a forum to engage in high-level, high-value dialogue on issues of common interest that impact the health information profession. The format consists of in-person summits with equal representation of librarian leaders and participating organizations.
The MLA InSight Initiative’s first Summit, Engaging Users in a Disruptive Era, will take place on March 6-7, 2018 in Chicago, Illinois. Confirmed participating organizations are Annual Reviews, American Psychiatric Association Publishing, BMJ Publishing, Elsevier, F1000, The JAMA Network, McGraw Hill Education, NEJM Group, Springer Nature, and Wolters Kluwer.
MLA seeks 12 to 15 librarian participants who have professional knowledge, expertise and interest in leveraging specialized discovery tools, security and IP authentication, pirate sites and envisioning the ideal social networking site for collaboration. Participants are expected to fulfill their commitment to the preparatory work and post-summit activities.
Consider applying as a librarian participant if:
- You have professional knowledge, expertise and interest in the Summit theme; and
- You will commit to:
- Attending the summit;
- Between 3 and 5 hours of preparatory work (pre-summit);
- Active participation and contribution to the work of the summit; and
- Up to 10 hours of follow-up work (post-summit activities and products).
There is no registration fee for librarian participants. MLA will support the travel expenses of librarian participants (summit hotel, and transportation) up to $800. This is made possible through the generous support of our Inaugural Sponsors for summits 1 and 2: the Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries (AAHSL) with a $15,000 grant to support librarian participant travel expenses, and Elsevier with a $12,000 grant to support the zero-registration fee for librarian participants.
Librarian application instructions:
- Select “InSight Initiative Summit” in the drop-down menu to access the application.
- MLA members must login (MLA membership preferred but not required).
- Non MLA members must create a guest user profile to login. See MLANET login page.
- Complete the online form and upload all documents no later than January 15, 11:59 p.m. (central time).
- Incomplete and late submissions will not be considered.
Applications for librarian participation are open through 11:59 p.m. (central time) on January 15, 2018. The InSight Initiative Task Force will select and notify participants of their selection by February 1, 2018.
For questions regarding the summit or the application process, please contact Mary Langman.