MLA Naomi C. Broering Hispanic Heritage Award
Do you know a librarian of Hispanic/Latino ethnicity or a librarian who has an interest in Hispanic/Latino Community information services? Encourage them to apply for the MLA Naomi C. Broering Hispanic Heritage Award.
MLA Past-President Naomi C. Broering, AHIP, FMLA endowed this grant in 2015, on her more than 45 years as a member of the Medical Library Association (MLA). The grant will award $1,000 annually to a person of Hispanic/Latino ethnicity or a person who has an interest in Hispanic/Latino Community information services. Librarians who want to pursue a professional activity in the latest medical information services using the latest technical formats are encouraged to apply. The intent is to encourage health information professionals to gain knowledge about these important areas of practice and support MLA’s emphasis on evolving roles for the profession.
* The applicant must be a member of MLA.
* The applicant must have the potential to make or has made significant contributions to medical information services using the latest technologies.
* The applicant may be either a recent graduate or a librarian with significant experience in health sciences libraries.
* The applicant may be a member of the Hispanic/Latino minority group or have an interest in providing Hispanic/Latino Community information services.
* The applicant must be a citizen of or have permanent residence in either the United States or Canada.
* The grant may be used for professional development and/or research activities in the areas of medical information services.
For additional information about the Naomi C. Broering Hispanic Heritage Award, please visit the MLANET website at:http://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=306
Nominations will be accepted through December 1st, 2018. The online application form can be accessed at: http://www.mlanet.org/e/sx/tk/eid=30. Please note that incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
If you need further assistance or have any questions about how to fill out the form, please do not hesitate to contact any of the Award Jury Members listed below:
Yamila El-Khayat, Chair
University of Arizona
University of California Library
University of Pittsburgh
Olivia Ashlin Glotfelty
Mercy Hospital Pittsburgh