On July 12, the National Library of Medicine expects to post an announcement on USAJOBS.gov for six technical information specialists.
We invite applications from individuals with diverse education and experience, including genomic and biomedical sciences, health services research and policy, public health, data management and information sciences.
The announcement for these GS 9-12 positions will be posted for five calendar days.
The short posting time reflects the government’s effort to hire talented people quickly. We recommend that interested candidates create a USAJOBS account in advance of the recruitment.
In these positions you would:
- Advance automated indexing efforts and the application of metadata to MEDLINE, PubMed, and other NLM database records (2 positions);
- Produce classes and training resources focusing on biomedical data and information science, especially in relation to NLM products and services;
- Support the scientific and editorial review of journal literature and associated data for the NLM Collection;
- Support the creation, promotion and distribution of consumer health information on MedlinePlus, MedlinePlus en español, and MedlinePlus Connect; or
- Serve as lead for activities related to the development and management of the NIH Common Data Element (CDE) Repository.
NLM is the world’s largest biomedical library and one of the National Institutes of Health. In addition to an interesting, diverse and challenging work environment, NLM has a great location on the NIH campus in Bethesda, Maryland. A Metro subway station (Medical Center on the Red Line) and bus stops on the NIH campus provide access to DC, suburban Maryland, and Northern Virginia. NLM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about working at NLM, see Careers @ NLM.