Nominations Due 11/1: Brodman Academic Librarian of the Year!
Nominations are due in 16 days!
– Do you know a colleague who is a mid-career academic health sciences librarian who is making significant contributions in the area of academic health sciences librarianship?
– Are you making a significant impact at your institution in the area of academic health sciences librarianship?
Nominate them or yourself for the Estelle Brodman Award for the Academic Medical Librarian of the Year!
Established in 1986, the Estelle Brodman Award recognizes an academic medical librarian at mid-career level who demonstrates significant achievement, the potential for leadership, and continuing excellence.
Recipients will receive a certificate at the MLA 19′ Elevate, and a cash award of $500 following the meeting.
What are the criteria for this award?
– The nominee must be a member of MLA.
– The nominee must be in “mid-career” at the time of the award, defined as someone working at least 5 years and not more than 15 years in an academic health sciences library; the nominee may not be a library director.
– The nominee must have worked in an academic health sciences library for each of the last five years immediately preceding the nomination, and must be an academic health sciences librarian at the time of the award.
– The nomination may be made for outstanding national or international contributions to academic health sciences librarianship as demonstrated by excellence in performance (leadership), publications, research, service, or a combination of these four elements.
– The nominee must show potential for leadership and continuing excellence at mid-career in the area of academic health sciences librarianship.
Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged!
Past recipients include:
– 2018: Holly K. Grossetta Nardini
– 2017: Diana Delgado, AHIP
– 2016: Blair Anton, AHIP
– 2015: Melissa Rethlefsen
– 2014: Julia Esparza
In the past three decades, The Estelle Brodman Award for the Academic Medical Librarian of the Year had recognized dozens of librarians for their impactful and innovative work in academic health sciences librarianship.
Help us continue the tradition of awarding the excellence of our MLA members, and submit a nomination today!
How do I nominate?
Nominating a candidate for the Estelle Brodman Award is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Go to the following link on the MLA website: https://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=240, and click on online application form under the section entitled, “Ready to Submit a Nomination?”
- Fill out the form with the nominees’ information as well as a reason for the nomination.
- Attach the nominee’s CV or Resume (required), and add up to three letters of support if available (optional).
The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, November 1st (11:59 CT).
Please direct any questions to Charlotte Beyer, Brodman Award Jury Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.