Part Time Job Posting: Research and Education Intern – Health Sciences Library – Richmond, VA
Please see the listing below for a part time internship in a health sciences librarian. Feel free to share with others and contact me if you have any questions.
Research and Education Intern – Part Time Job Posting – Richmond, VA https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/95314
Ideal for a currently enrolled or recently graduated student of library science with an interest in health sciences librarianship. This position offers up to 25 hours per week and the opportunity to work with practicing health sciences librarians on a variety of projects.
Reporting to the Internship Coordinator, this position is responsible for the completion of outreach and research support projects for the Research and Education Department at Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences. The program will provide an opportunity for a librarian at the beginning of their career to gain practical professional experience in an academic health sciences library. This position will work closely with practicing health sciences librarians and directly with library users, including VCU faculty, students, staff, and the Virginia public health community. This position will provide research and instruction support through consultations, library orientations, and library workshops. Work accomplished by this position will include the creation of maintenance of learning objects including Research Guides, workshop lesson plans, data analysis and assessment support.
- Knowledge of library resources, research methods and practices, instructional design techniques and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong service orientation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Preference for collaboration and group work.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Employment contingent upon enrollment in or recent completion (no more than two year) from an ALA accredited Master Information or Library Science program.
Apply online at: https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/95314
Deadline: Dec. 13, 2019
Emily J. Hurst, MSLS, AHIP
Head, Research and Education
VCU Libraries | Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences
Virginia Commonwealth University
509 N. 12 St. | Box 980582
Richmond, VA 23298-0582
(804) 828-0626 | email@example.com