Purpose: Performs duties and responsibilities related to the selection and purchase of library resources in all formats for the users of the Health Sciences Library (HSL) of New York Medical College (NYMC).
Ø Purchase all titles for the Health Sciences Library, working through the administration and collection development committee;
Ø Manage the serials collections and processing to include ordering, renewing, canceling titles in print or electronic format
Ø Manage the acquisitions/serials ledger module of the Ex Libris Voyager system including budgeting and expenditures for all collection types and locations;
Ø Communicate externally at all levels with relevant vendors, obtaining price quotes and licensing;
Ø Communicate internally regularly with faculty, employees and students to ensure necessary input relating to collection needs and strengths;
Ø Coordinate trials and purchase new or current products, including access resolution for system problems;
Ø Analyze and review subject needs of the collection and monitors collection usage statistics;
Ø Assist with the management of the technical services division, which includes acquisitions, cataloging and serials, and scholarly communications initiatives;
Ø Contribute to the profession through publication or service, may represent the HSL at professional meetings and across the NYMC and Touro communities;
Ø Maintain both bibliographic and holdings records (SERHOLD and OCLC); including serials management tools and serials records in electronic databases;
Ø Serve as a member of the reference/information services team including several liaison assignments;
Ø Perform other duties as assigned
* ALA-accredited Master’s in Library Science (MLS);
* Minimum 2 years experience in an academic or health sciences library and in an integrated library system environment;
* Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and demonstrated initiative;
* Excellent basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Excel);
* Commitment to service and ability to work effectively as part of a team;
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic, team-based environment;
* Knowledge of SERHOLD, OCLC, Serials Solutions, and Ex Libris Voyager system, and trends in library and information systems in general;
* Membership in the MLA Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP).
Reports to Assistant Director, Information Management
Contact Info: Send resume with cover letter indicating position of interest to: Alicia Parrish, Employment Manager, Human Resources Department at Recruiter@nymc.edu<mailto:Recruiter@nymc.edu> or HR fax 914-594-4309. Candidates of interest will be contacted to schedule interviews. New York Medical College is committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. New York Medical College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.