Position Opening: Research & Instruction Librarian / Health & Natural Sciences
The Loyola ▪ Notre Dame Library is seeking a Research & Instruction librarian to join our Research & Instruction team. The successful candidate will be someone who has a passion for teaching, is excited about health and natural sciences reference & instruction, and has a desire and the ability to work in a team-based environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Initiate and conduct course-related information literacy instruction in the health and natural sciences, as well as provide general undergraduate information literacy education.
- Maintain existing online research guides and work with programming staff to develop innovative online research tools for supported subjects.
- Work closely with liaisons to seek partnerships with faculty and students in the School of Pharmacy, School of Nursing and Departments of Biology, Chemistry, and Speech Pathology.
- Participate as a general reference librarian, as well as provide subject-specific support for health sciences, life sciences, and related disciplines.
- Act as a liaison to one or more departments, performing collection development and outreach to faculty.
- Provide general reference service (some evenings and weekends required).
- Participate in other departmental and library-wide initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have an ALA-accredited master’s degree, strong interpersonal communication skills and a passion for working with students and faculty. Two or more years of instruction experience. Ability to work effectively in collegial environments.
Undergraduate or graduate degree in the life sciences or a related health discipline, or experience as a medical, health sciences, or life sciences librarian. Experience in working with faculty to develop data-management plans.
About the Library:
The Loyola ▪ Notre Dame Library provides information services and resources to support the academic programs and educational concerns of Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University, comprehensive‐level universities located adjacent to each other in a residential area of northern Baltimore City.
The Library offers an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as TIAA‐CREF retirement.
Successful candidates will be subject to a pre‐employment background check.
The Loyola ▪ Notre Dame Library is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, sex, disability, or age.
Application Procedures: Review of applications will begin immediately. Please submit electronically a resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) work-related references by July 14, 2014 to Lorena Martinez, Administrative Assistant:email@example.com