Reminder: MAC MLA Committees – Call for Volunteers
Just a friendly reminder that if you are interested in volunteering for MAC, the deadline to apply is this Friday. In addition, the option to volunteer for the Diversity Committee is now available.
Much of the success of projects and programs that take place at the annual meeting is due to MAC MLA Committees and the hard work of our members. MAC MLA committees work diligently throughout the entire year to make sure that MAC is a thriving and dynamic chapter.
MAC members who volunteer for committees are the heart of our chapter and contribute to MAC’s many successes. It allows you to network with other members, develop leadership skills, and improve your knowledge. It is also a lot of fun! Please consider applying for one or more of the following committees:
- Annual Meeting Planning Committee: Plans for the annual meeting content, schedule, continuing education classes, exhibits, publicity, registration, and hospitality.
- Communications Committee: Coordinates MAC communication through the MAC Messages blog, listserv, and MAC website.
- Honors and Awards Committee: Recognizes and rewards professional activities of MAC members.
- Membership and Recruitment Committee: Conducts an annual membership drive, maintains and publishes a brochure for recruitment purposes in conjunction with the Publications Committee, coordinates the MAC Scholarship Award and MAC Student Vision Program.
- Nominating Committee: Under the leadership of the Immediate past MAC Chair, this Committee prepares an annual slate of nominees for each office to be filled, prepares, and distributes the email ballots to MAC members eligible to vote.
- Professional Development Committee: Coordinates the Chapter’s efforts in continuing education and provides information and guidance to groups and individuals on matters relating to professional development. Coordinates the CE at the annual MAC meeting
- Research and Assessment Committee: This Committee explores ways to promote interest in and recognize research activities by MAC members, and fosters the development of research-related skills. The committee also reviews applicants and awards the Research and Assessment Committee grant.
- Diversity Committee: This Committee is tasked to investigate ways MAC can promote diversity within the profession of medical librarianship and encourage, develop, and promote diversity within the MAC membership.
To apply for a committee please complete this survey by Friday, November 16th for full consideration: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GNTVGT2.
Applicants will be reviewed by the incoming 2018-2019 committee chairs who will make recommendations for membership to me.
Tony Nguyen, MLIS, AHIP
MAC Chair, 2018-2019