This is a reminder for webinar Caring for the Mind: Providing Mental Health Information At Your Library to be held this Thursday January 25 at 11am CT / 10am MT. The instructor for the class will be NNLM SCR’s own Sarah Miles, Health Professions Coordinator, and will cover NLM mental health information resources and other resources for providing access to mental health information at your institution.
No registration is required for this class. Please see below for information on attending or visit the online course listing https://nnlm.gov/class/caring-mind-providing-mental-health-information-your-library/7441. Direct any questions to email@example.com. We hope to see you there!
Caring for the Mind: Providing Mental Health Information At Your Library
Time: Thursday, January 25 at 11am – 12pm CT / 10 – 11am MT
Instructor: Sarah Miles, NNLM SCR Health Professions Coordinator
Note: This class counts towards the MLA Consumer Health Information Specialization.
Description: Participants will learn how to effectively provide mental health information at their institutions. Participants will learn about the best electronic resources to consult as well as ways to improve their print collections. Best approaches for handling interactions with emotional patrons will also be discussed. Other topics covered include: bibliotherapy; assessment/testing; and the future of mental health. This class will increase participants’ skills for providing mental health information for care providers and the public.
* Gain awareness of mental health issues.
* Learn to respond to challenging reference questions for mental health information.
* Be informed of tools for collection development and mental health research including the latest web sites and databases.
To Join the Meeting
- Go to WebEx https://nih.webex.com/.
- Enter the session number: 621 051 033 and password: caring
- Please provide your name and email address.
- You may need to read the notice regarding toll-free numbers and click Accept.
- You may have to download and install a web add-on or run a temporary application depending on the browser you use.
- Select your audio connection preference:
Call using computer – Adjust settings and test the connection
Call from WebEx – Enter your direct phone number and press 1 when prompted
Call in – Call: 1-650-479-3208 (US/Canada Toll-number) Enter access code: 621 051 033 # Enter the Attendee ID on your screen and press #
- If you are using a mobile device, your access code is: caring
For live captioning, please use http://livewrite-ncc.appspot.com/attend?event=citwebex
For any technical issues, please call: 817-735-2223.
For more information: https://nnlm.gov/class/caring-mind-providing-mental-health-information-your-library/7441