Student Vision Scholarships – 2014 MAC Annual Meeting
If you are a library student interested in health sciences libraries, consider applying for this scholarship to attend the MAC Annual Meeting in Alexandria Virginia. If you know library students who might be interested, pass this along!
2014 MAC Student Vision Scholarship
The Membership and Recruitment Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC) of the Medical Library Association invites library students to apply for a conference scholarship to attend the 2014 MAC Annual Meeting which will be held from October 18-21, 2014, at the Crowne Plaza Old Town Alexandria in Alexandria, VA.
Students attending the conference are invited to explore the benefits of health sciences librarianship through interaction, networking, and mentorship. Special programming elements are being designed for student involvement. This unique opportunity for emerging professionals includes:
Ticket to the Welcome Reception on October 19th
· Inclusive Registration for October 19-21
· Conference buddy assignment
Five scholarships will be awarded. Along with complimentary registration for the Welcome Reception on and the full conference, scholarship recipients will receive meals that are provided as part of the conference program.
The Student Vision Scholarship does not include travel expenses to the conference (airfare, mileage, or car rental), accommodations (hotel), or meals outside of conference programming on Oct 19-21 as defined above.
Scholarship applicants must be:
· A current library student:
o Attending an ALA accredited library school in the MAC region or
o Working in the MAC region and attending any distance education ALA accredited library school.
· Full or part-time student
· Willing to submit a ½ page report detailing their experience and impressions of the program to appear in the MAC Messages newsletter by November 30th, 2014.
· Committed to attend the Welcome Reception on October 19th and as much of the conference programming as possible
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
· Meet all the eligibility criteria
· Obtain a letter of recommendation from a library school faculty member
· Submit an essay (no more than 500 words) describing their interest in health sciences librarianship
· Submit a current resume and cover letter
Deadline for Submission (deadline extended!)
Completed applications should be emailed to Anna Crawford, Julie Silverman, and Jolene Thompson, co-coordinators of the Student Vision Scholarship at email@example.com by Friday, August 29, 2014. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by September 5, 2014.