What’s Nutrition Got to Do With It? An Introduction to Online and Community-Based Resources for Successful Aging
Title: What’s Nutrition Got to Do With It? An Introduction to Online and Community-Based Resources for Successful Aging
Guest Speaker: Ucheoma Akobundu, PhD, RD, Senior Director for Nutrition Strategy and Impact and Director for National Resource Center on Nutrition and Aging, Meals on Wheels America
Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Time: 10am CT / 9am MT
Description: The purpose of this presentation is to review the mission and vision of Meals on Wheels America- the oldest and largest organization in the United States representing the community-based nutrition and meal services field. In addition, this presentation will review popular nutrition and meal services provided by the nationwide network of community-based senior nutrition programs, and outline the documented impact these services have recipient health and wellbeing. Webinar participants will also learn about high-quality education and training offered by the National Resource Center on Nutrition and Aging – an online resource center, hosted by Meals on Wheels America.
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of the presentation, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the community-based nutrition and meal service offerings available via the senior nutrition program network across the country.
- Identify the impact of community-based nutrition and meal services on recipient health and wellbeing.
- List training opportunities on topics related to nutrition, aging, and health offered by the National Resource Center on Nutrition and Aging.
Speaker Bio: Dr. Akobundu is a Registered Dietitian and serves as the Senior Director of Nutrition Strategy at Meals on Wheels America, where she leads the development and implementation the Association’s strategy on nutrition and malnutrition. She also serves as the director of the National Resource Center on Nutrition and Aging, awarded to Meals on Wheels America by the Administration for Community Living of the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services. Dr. Akobundu holds a Masters in Nutrition with a concentration in Public Health from the University of Massachusetts – Amherst, and a PhD in Nutrition from the University of Maryland – College Park.
For more information: https://nnlm.gov/scr/professio
To Join the Meeting
1. Go to https://nih.webex.com.
2. Enter the session number: 626 313 054 and password: webinar
3. Please provide your name and email address.
4. You may have to download and install a web add-on or run a temporary application depending on the browser you use.
5. Select your audio connection preference:
*Call using computer – Adjust settings and test the connection *Call from WebEx – Enter your direct phone number and press 1 when prompted *Call in – Call: 1-650-479-3208 (US/Canada toll number) Enter access code: 626 313 054 # Enter the Attendee ID on your screen and press #
6. If you are using a mobile device, your access code is: webinar
For live captioning, please use http://livewrite-ncc.appspot.c
For any technical issues, please call: 817-735-2223.