You are Invited to Join a MAC Committee
As October approaches, it will soon be time to thank those MAC committee members that have completed their terms of service, and to welcome onboard the new incoming committee members. If you are not currently serving on a MAC committee, I encourage you to apply.
MAC members who volunteer for committees are the heart of our chapter. Participation in the work of the chapter provides you with an opportunity to build your leaderships skills, expand your network of colleagues, enhance your knowledge base, and have fun at the same time. Please consider applying for one or more of the following committees:
- Annual Meeting Planning Committee – Plans for the annual meeting content, schedule, continuing education classes, exhibits, publicity, registration, and hospitality.
- Communications Committee – Coordinates MAC communication through the blog, listserv, and MAC website.
- Honors and Awards Committee – Recognizes and rewards professional activities of members.
- Membership and Recruitment Committee – Conducts an annual membership drive, maintains and publishes a brochure for recruitment purposes in conjunction with the Publications Committee, and maintains a database of MAC members.
- Nominating Committee – Under the leadership of the Immediate past MAC Chair, this Committee prepares an annual slate of nominees for each office to be filled and prepares and distributes the email ballots to MAC members eligible to vote.
- Professional Development Committee – Coordinates the Chapter’s efforts in continuing education and provides information and guidance to groups and individuals on matters relating to professional development.
- Research and Assessment Committee – This Committee explores ways to promote interest in and recognize research activities by MAC members, and fosters the development of research-related skills.
A “Join a Committee” application form is available on the MAC Members Only Intranet at http://macmla.org/intranet/index.html
If you have forgotten or lost your MAC Intranet login, please let me know and I can provide this information to you. You may also apply for a committee appointment when you renew your membership this month.
I’m looking forward to seeing many of you in Baltimore in October!
2011-2012 MAC/MLA Chair