Please join the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association, October 10-12, 2011, at the Omni Richmond Hotel in Richmond, Virginia, where we will “Capitalize on our Strengths”.
This year’s conference promises an exciting lineup of speakers, including:
· Lisa Gualtieri, PhD, Adjunct Clinical Professor in the Health Communications Program at Tufts University School of Medicine.
· Pat Wagner, a well-known educator, trainer, and consultant for the library community.
· Molly Shadel, co-author of the recent book, Tongue-Tied America.
Take advantage of one of the excellent continuing education classes being offered at this year’s meeting:
· EBM and the Medical Librarian, Parts I & II, instructed by Connie Schardt.
· Patient and Caregiver Tools: Navigating Your Healthcare & Saving your Sanity, instructed by Ann Deusing.
· Promoting Health Literacy through Easy-to-Read Materials, instructed by Nancy Patterson and Terri Ottosen.
· Your Library’s Value: Needs Assessment, Program Development, Program Evaluation, instructed by Cindy Olney.
For more information about the conference, or to register, please visit the 2011 MAC-MLA Conference Web site.
Adrianne Leonardelli, MLIS
Information and Education Services Librarian
Duke University Medical Center Library
Library Website: http://www.mclibrary.duke.edu/
Library Blog: http://blog.mclibrary.duke.edu/