Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond is pleased to the following continuing education opportunity:
Roadmap to Disaster Health Information Resources and Tools, Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:30 – 4:00 p.m. Class Overview This training class introduced many of the disaster health information sources available on the Internet. Knowing where to find information before a disaster or public health emergency is key to disaster preparedness. Disaster information tools, such as WISER and REMM were also demonstrated.
· Federal disaster preparedness and response landscape
· NLM resources for disaster health information
· Federal disaster health information sources
· Other sources of disaster health information, including associations; non-governmental organizations, and international organizations
· Databases and information aggregators
· Disaster information tools and mobile applications
· How to stay up-to-date: listservs, RSS feeds, blogs, Twitter, etc.
Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences,VCU Libraries
Virginia Commonwealth University
509 North 12th Street
Library Instruction Classroom, 2-012
Directions to Library and Parking: http://www.library.vcu.edu/tml/information/tmldirections.html
Valet parking is available at VCU Health System for $5.00, http://www.vcuhealth.org/?id=213&sid=1
Please RSVP by Friday, July 1, 2011 to Thelma Mack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ms. Shannon D. Jones, MLS. MIS, AHIP
Associate Director, Research and Education
Tompkins-McCaw Library, VCU Libraries
509 N. 12th Street, PO Box 980582
Richmond, VA 23298-0582
Phone: 804-828-0626 | Fax: 804-828-6089