2015 MACMLA: Help Others Find Inspiration by Sharing Your Good Work: Submit a Paper or Poster for the Annual Meeting
The Contributed Papers and Posters committees of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association (MAC/MLA) invite you to submit your proposals for contributed papers and posters for the 2015 MAC/MLA Annual Meeting in Asheville, NC. Paper and poster sessions will occur throughout the conference, Sunday, October 18 through Tuesday, October 20, including before Sunday’s Opening Reception.
Contributed paper and poster topics are as limitless as your imagination, talents, and creativity. Take advantage of this opportunity to share your successes and challenges with your colleagues as we reflect on our 2015 theme, “Find Your Inspiration.”
To submit a proposal, please prepare a 300-word abstract to describe your project or initiative. You have the following options for presenting your work:
- Paper presentation (15-20 minutes depending on the session)
- Lightning talk (5-10 minutes)
- Poster (hosted by at least one of the authors during a 1-hour session)
- Any format (you’re willing to present as a Paper Presentation, Lightning Talk, or Poster)
Not sure which format you prefer?
Select “Any format”, and the committee will decide where it will fit best in the conference
Is your proposal about research?
- If Yes, then submit a structured abstract. For more information on structured abstracts, please see MLA’s Research Section’s “The Structured Abstract: An Essential Tool for Researchers,” http://research.mlanet.org/structured_abstract.html. The MAC Research & Assessment Committee will consider submissions for first and second place awards which will also receive cash awards. Award details will be available soon.
- If No, then you do not need to use the structured abstract format. Your submission is not eligible for cash research awards.
Ready to submit?
For all proposals, please submit your 300-word abstract through the 2015 MACMLA Poster/Paper Submission form
(http://jmu.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8HtGvloJenIUaVL). Please note: you will need to upload two versions of your proposal in two separate documents to assist the review committees in the blind review process:
- A blinded version with no names of people or institutions, and
- An unblinded version with the names and contact information for all authors.
Submit your abstract in any of these formats: .DOC, .DOCX, .RTF, or .PDF.
Please use active voice in your abstracts.
Deadline – Abstracts are due Friday, June 5, 2015.
Accepted presenters should expect to register and attend the meeting.