2023 MAC Conference Scholarship – Call for applications
The Membership and Recruitment Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC) of the Medical Library Association invites new librarians to apply for a conference scholarship to attend the 2023 MAC Annual Meeting. This year’s meeting will be held October 15-17 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
One scholarship will be awarded. The selected recipient will receive:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Ticket to the Welcome Reception
- Meals that are provided as part of the conference program
- Lodging at the conference hotel (reimbursed)
- One-year MAC-MLA membership
The Conference Scholar program does not include travel expenses to the conference (airfare, mileage, or car rental) or meals outside of conference programming on October 15-17, 2023 as defined above. The cost of any continuing education (CE) classes are not included in the scholarship.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- A MAC member with 5 or less years of post-MLS experience
- Preference will be given to first time attendees of the MAC Annual Meeting but all new librarian applicants are welcome
- Currently employed in a medical or health science librarian position in the MAC-MLA region: District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Western Pennsylvania
- Willing to submit a one-page report detailing their experience and impression of the meeting to appear in MAC Messages Blog by November 30th, 2023.
- Committed to attend entire meeting
Past awardees of the MAC Scholarship are not eligible.
To be considered for this award, you must:
- Meet all the eligibility criteria
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from your supervisor or library director
- Submit an essay, (no more than 500 words), describing your interest in participating in the 2023 Conference Scholar Program, your interest in health sciences librarianship, and how attending the MAC-MLA meeting will contribute to your professional development.
- Submit a current resume and cover letter.
Deadline for Submission
Applicants should email their completed applications to the MAC Conference Scholars Program with MAC Scholars in the subject line to Jana Liebermann at Jana.Liebermann@va.gov by Friday, September 1, 2023.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by Friday, September 8th, 2023
Note: The selection committee requests that applicants not register for the MAC Annual Meeting until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds.
Please contact Jana Liebermann at Jana.Liebermann@va.gov , MAC Membership and Recruitment Committee Chair, if you have any further questions.