2023 MAC Student Vision Scholarship – Call for applications
The Membership and Recruitment Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC) of the Medical Library Association invites library students to apply for a conference scholarship to attend the 2023 MAC Annual Meeting,which will be held from October 15-17, 2023 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Students attending the conference are invited to explore the benefits of health sciences librarianship through interaction, networking, and mentorship. Special programming elements are being designed for student involvement. This unique opportunity for emerging professionals includes:
- Ticket to the Welcome Reception
- Inclusive Registration for October 15-17
- Conference buddy assignment
The number of student vision scholarships is to be determined, but at least one will be awarded. Along with complimentary registration for the Welcome Reception and full conference registration for October 15-17, scholarship recipients will receive meals that are provided as part of the conference program.
The Student Vision Scholarship DOES NOT include travel expenses to the conference (airfare, mileage, parking, or car rental), accommodations (hotel), or meals outside of conference programming as defined above. Additional costs for continuing education are not included in the award.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- A current library student:
- Attending an ALA-accredited library school in the MAC region (District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Western Pennsylvania) or
- Working in the MAC region and attending any distance education ALA-accredited library school.
- Full or part-time student
- Willing to submit a ½ page report detailing their experience and impressions of the program to appear in the MAC Messages newsletter by November 30, 2023.
- Committed to attending the Conference Welcome Reception and as much of the conference programming as possible
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
- Meet all the eligibility criteria
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a library school faculty member
- Submit an essay (no more than 500 words) describing their interest in health sciences librarianship
- Submit a current resume and cover letter
Deadline for Submission
Completed applications for the MAC Vision Scholarship should be emailed to email@example.com (adding MACVISION in the subject line) by Friday, September 1, 2023. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by Friday, September 8, 2023.
Note: The selection committee requests that applicants not register for the MAC Annual Meeting until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds.
Please contact Jana Liebermann at Jana.Liebermann@va.gov, MAC Membership and Recruitment Committee Chair, if you have any further questions.