3 By the Sea conference scholarship available
From Karen Grigg:
The MAC Membership and Recruitment Committee invites new librarians to apply for a conference scholarship to attend the 2009 Annual Meeting which will be held from October 4-8, 2009 in Atlantic City, NJ at the Resorts Casino Hotel.
One scholarship will be awarded. The selected recipient will receive complimentary conference registration, which includes most meals, lodging at the conference hotel, and a one-year MAC/MLA membership.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- A MAC member with 3 or less years of post-MLS experience
- A first-time attendee at a the MAC/MLA Annual meeting
- Currently employed in a hospital or academic medical center library in the MAC/MLA region: District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Western Pennsylvania
- Willing to submit a one-page report detailing their experience and impression of the program to appear in MAC Messages.
- Committed to attend ENTIRE conference from October 4-8, 2009.
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from supervior or library director
- Submit an essay, NO MORE THAN 500 WORDS, describing your interest in participating in the 2009 Conference Scholar Program, your interest in health sciences librarianship, and how attending the MAC/MLA meeting will contribute to your professional development.
- Submit a current resume and cover letter.
Deadline for Submission:
Applicants should email their completed applications to the MAC Conference Scholars Program at email@example.com by Wednesday, August 19, 2009. All scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by Monday, August 24, 2009.
Note: The selection committee requests that applicants not register for the MAC Annual Meeting until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds