Application for Rising Stars Program Due November 1st
The MLA Rising Star program has been developed to give MLA members the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge, and personal characteristics needed to become a leader in MLA. The yearly leadership development program matches each Rising Star with a mentor in a curriculum that includes:
* Monthly classes led by MLA member leaders.
* Experiences and training to develop self-awareness of skills and dispositions as a leader.
* Individualized projects that contribute materially to improving MLA.
* Guidance in finding and working with a career mentor.
Here is the criteria for the award:
* The applicant must be a MLA member throughout the duration of the program.
* The applicant is considered ineligible if they have held a national level MLA position as chair of a committee, jury, or task force; elected officer of a section; or have served on the MLA Board of Directors.
* The applicant must have attended at least one national MLA annual meeting.
* The applicant must have demonstrated interest and commitment to professional service through participation in activities or conferences related to medical librarianship.
Please apply for MLA’s Rising Stars program by November 1st, 11:59 p.m. (CT). Here is the from MLA’s website with more information about the program and the application form: https://www.mlanet.org/page/rising-stars