MAC Award for Professional Excellence by a Health Sciences Librarian
MAC Award for Professional Excellence by a New Health Sciences Librarian |
Marguerite Abel Service Recognition Award
One-Person Library Recognition Award (No Longer Awarded)
MAC Student Vision Scholarship | MAC Conference Scholar Program
The Membership and Recruitment Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC) of the Medical Library Association invites new librarians to apply for a conference scholarship to attend the 2018 MAC Annual Meeting. This year’s meeting will be held October 28-30, 2018 in Ocean City, VA.
One scholarship will be awarded. The selected recipient will receive:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Ticket to the Welcome Reception
- Meals that are provided as part of the conference program
- Lodging at the conference hotel (reimbursed)
- One-year MAC-MLA membership
The Conference Scholar program does not include travel expenses to the conference (airfare, mileage, or car rental) or meals outside of conference programming on October 28-30, 2018 as defined above. The cost of any continuing education (CE) classes are not included in the scholarship.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- A MAC member with 5 or less years of post-MLS experience
- Preference will be given to first time attendees of the MAC Annual Meeting but all new librarian applicants are welcome
- Currently employed in a medical or health science librarian position in the MAC-MLA region: District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Western Pennsylvania
- Willing to submit a one-page report detailing their experience and impression of the meeting to appear in MAC Messages Blog by December 10th, 2018.
- Committed to attend entire meeting
Past awardees of the MAC Scholarship are not eligible.
To be considered for this award, you must:
- Meet all the eligibility criteria
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from your supervisor or library director
- Submit an essay, (no more than 500 words), describing your interest in participating in the 2018 Conference Scholar Program, your interest in health sciences librarianship, and how attending the MAC-MLA meeting will contribute to your professional development.
- Submit a current resume and cover letter.
Deadline for Submission
Applicants should email their completed applications to the MAC Conference Scholars Program at email@example.com by Saturday, September 1st, 2018.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by Friday, September 7th, 2018.
Note: The selection committee requests that applicants not register for the MAC Annual Meeting until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds.
Please contact Nedelina Tchangalova, firstname.lastname@example.org, MAC Membership and Recruitment Committee Chair, if you have any further questions.