MAC Award for Professional Excellence by a Health Sciences Librarian
MAC Award for Professional Excellence by a New Health Sciences Librarian |
Marguerite Abel Service Recognition Award
One-Person Library Recognition Award (No Longer Awarded)
MAC Student Vision Scholarship | MAC Conference Scholar Program
The Membership and Recruitment Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC) of the Medical Library Association invites library students to apply for a conference scholarship to attend the 2019 MAC Annual Meeting, which will be held October 5-7, 2019 in Durham, NC.
Students attending the conference are invited to explore the benefits of health sciences librarianship through interaction, networking, and mentorship.
Five scholarships will be awarded. This unique opportunity for emerging professionals includes:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Ticket to the Welcome Reception
- One night of accommodation at the conference hotel (reimbursed)
- Meals that are provided as part of the conference program
The Student Vision Scholarship does not include travel expenses to the conference (airfare, mileage, or car rental), parking, or accommodations (hotel) and meals outside of conference programming on October 5-7, 2019 as defined above. The cost of any continuing education (CE) classes are not included in the scholarship.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- A current library student:
- Attending an ALA accredited library school in the MAC region or
- Living in the MAC region and attending any distance education ALA accredited library school.
- Full or part-time student
- Willing to submit a ½ page report detailing their experience and impressions of the program to appear in the MAC Messages Blog by December 10th, 2018
- Committed to attend the Welcome Reception and as much of the conference programming as possible
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
- Meet all the eligibility criteria
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a library school faculty member
- Submit an essay (no more than 500 words) describing their interest in health sciences librarianship
- Submit a current resume and cover letter
Deadline for Submission
Applicants should email their completed applications to the MAC Conference Scholars Program at email@example.com by Sunday, September 1st, 2019.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by Friday, September 6th, 2019.
Note: The selection committee requests that applicants not register for the MAC Annual Meeting until notified of their status to avoid the need for refunds.
Please contact Ryan Harris, MAC Membership and Recruitment Committee Chair, if you have any further questions.
|MAC Student Vision Scholarship|