Call for Application: David A. Kronick Traveling Fellowship
Do you have an interesting research project that involves traveling? You can receive $2,000 by applying to the David A. Kronick Traveling Fellowship!
Deadline for submissions is December 1, 2019.
The David A. Kronick Traveling Fellowship is endowed by the Bowden-Massey Foundation and was established in 2002. One $2,000 fellowship is awarded each year to cover the expenses involved in traveling to two or more medical libraries in the United States or Canada, for the purpose of studying a specific aspect of health sciences librarianship. Activities that are operational in nature or have only local usefulness will be considered. The award winner is required to submit a report to MLA on the results of the project, that may be published in appropriate health information journals.
* The applicant must hold a graduate degree in library science.
* The applicant must be a practicing health sciences librarian with at least one year of professional experience.
* The applicant must be a member of the Medical Library Association (MLA).
* The applicant must be a citizen of or have permanent residence status in either the United States or Canada.
* Consideration will be given in exceptional cases to an outstanding candidate not meeting the criteria above.
* The application should show how the proposed project would contribute conceptually and practically to the applicant’s competence and the well being of the library community.
* The applicant’s proposal should contain title, goals, objectives, methodology, significance, and budget of project and proposed means of disseminating the results.
* The following criteria will be used to evaluate the applicant: education and training, experience, and previous productivity.
* The following criteria will be used to evaluate the proposed projects: relevance to the applicant’s professional development, originality, and feasibility of scope.
* Grantees are expected to submit a final report of their project within two months of completion of the project to the MLA headquarters, with the understanding that MLA has the “first right of review” for publication. If the report is not accepted by MLA and is subsequently published by another publisher, recognition of association support must be given.
* The completed application form must be received by December 1.
* The applicant must submit a current CV or resume, including a list of published papers or those submitted for publication.
* The applicant must submit one reference letter from applicant’s director or supervisor.
* The applicant should update their member profile on MLANET.
* Recipients of the fellowship are encouraged to make a donation to the fellowship fund within two years so that others may have a similar opportunity.
* One grant of $2,000 will be offered yearly and paid in a single payment; the period of disbursement will not exceed 1 year past the date of MLA’s annual meeting.
* Depending on the qualifications of the candidates, the jury may recommend that the award not be presented in a given year.
* MLA will acknowledge applications upon receipt via email.
Ready to Submit an Application?
* Choose the 2020 Kronick Fellowship application.
* Once saved, the application remains open for changes or to upload supporting documents until December 1, 2019, 11:59 p.m. (CDT).
* Incomplete and late submissions will not be considered.
To learn more about the award, please go to the MLA’s page at https://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=308
If you have any questions, please contact Nha Huynh, Jury Chair, at email@example.com