Call for Nominations: T. Mark Hodges International Service Award
Deadlines for all Medical Library Association (MLA) awards have been extended to November 13. Thank you for your consideration.
Please excuse cross posting. We hope you’ll consider nominating someone!
2021 T. Mark Hodges International Service Award – Call for Nominations
- Mark Hodges<https://www.mlanet.org/blog/hodges-t-mark> (1933-2006) was a lifelong believer in the importance of international connections between librarians. The T. Mark Hodges International Service Award was established in 2007 to honor outstanding individual achievement in promoting, enabling, and/or delivering improvements in the quality of health information internationally through the development of health information professionals, the improvement of libraries, or an increased use of health information services.
* Membership in MLA is not required.
* Nominees usually would hold a professional library or information science qualification but in the case of exceptional candidates this criterion may be waived.
* The award is designed to enable MLA to recognize the widest range of achievement in the development of health information services in the international context. It will normally recognize a professional contribution over a sustained period of time, but may also mark a single, outstanding achievement of global significance.
* The nominee’s achievement may cover the whole range of health information services or a single aspect, and similarly, it may be worldwide in its impact or of more narrow and intense focus.
* Nomination form, including all supporting documentation, must be completed no later than November 1.
* Nomination must contain at least the following elements:
* Description of the nominee’s accomplishments in international service, including the nature and quality of the nominee’s work, noting special achievements, innovation, initiative, special strengths, and demonstration of abilities;
* Description of the nominee’s impact of work on immediate beneficiaries and the extent of its influence beyond those beneficiaries;
* Description of the nominee’s service to the profession, to relevant professional organizations, and other evidence of his or her professional leadership role;
* The extent of the visibility and recognition of the nominee’s achievements by colleagues, administrators, and library users; and
* Description of the nominee’s major current undertakings that demonstrate continuing work and involvement in international health sciences librarianship.
* Up to three letters of support may be included with the nomination.
* Nominee’s resume or curriculum vitae in support of the nomination may be included.
The recipient will be notified in March before the annual meeting at which the presentation will be made. The awardee receives a certificate at the MLA annual meeting and the option of receiving a cash prize of $500, or a donation from the Medical Library Association (MLA) in the amount of $500 to a charity of their choice. The recipient assumes all costs of attending the meeting and the ceremony at which the presentation is made. If there are no appropriate candidates, the association may elect not to make the award in a given year.
Ready to Submit a Nomination
* Choose the 2021 Hodges Award nomination form<https://www.mlanet.org/e/sx/tk/eid=6>.
* Once saved, the nomination form remains open for changes or to upload supporting documents until November 1, 2020, 11:59 p.m. (CDT).
* Incomplete and late submissions will not be considered.