Applications for the Research and Assessment Grant will be reviewed and judged according to the criteria listed below:
- Judging will be completed by a group of 5 MAC/MLA members, including and lead by the Chair of the Research and Assessment Committee. Judges do not necessarily need to be a member of the Research and Assessment Committee.
- Applications missing any of the required items or failing to meet eligibility criteria will be excluded from consideration. At the discretion of the Research & Assessment Committee Chair, applicants who have submitted incomplete applications, will be notified and allowed to make corrections.
- Judges will review applications using the criteria below. For each item, judges will assign a rating on a scale of 1 (poor/strongly disagree) to 5 (very good/strongly agree).
- Scores will be added together, and the application(s) with the highest score(s) will be awarded the grant. The Chair will review judge’s scores and if any glaring discrepancies appear, they will be discussed. If judges are unable to come to an agreement, the Chair will make a final decision.
- At the discretion of the Chair, feedback from the judges can be presented by the Chair to applicants after the process is complete. Any feedback must be given in such a way that each judge’s contributions remain anonymous.