Director of Library Services – MVHS, St. Luke’s Campus (Utica, NY) The Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS), St. Luke’s Campus ( http://mvhealthsystem.org/location/st-lukes-campus), seeks a full time Director of Library Services responsible for maintaining, and planning for, the information resources used by physicians, administration, hospital personnel and the community.
Job duties include:
* Planning, developing and implementing an operating budget to support the services of two campus libraries
* Providing for the selection and maintenance of current & relevant Library resources
* Keeping with NYS and DNV requirements to ensure collections serve both professional and community needs
* Negotiating contracts and maintaining contacts with agencies that require services unique to the library.
* Participating in monthly Leadership meetings
* Planning, recommending and implementing new library services and technologies to enhance the goals of the hospital.
Required Experience: MLS (Master’s in Library Science) with at least one year experience in health sciences or medical library.
Applications accepted until position is filled.