Electronic Resources Librarian – NYU Winthrop Hospital, Mineola, New York
The Hollis Health Sciences Library at NYU Winthrop Hospital is hiring!
Role Summary: Reporting to the Director and working closely with other librarians and staff, the Librarian will be responsible for the technological functions of the library, including the set-up and maintenance of access to online resources and locally installed software. Collects usage data of the library’s electronic resources. Administers the integrated library system and manages the library’s computer laboratory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for maintaining content for all online resources including ebooks, online journals, and databases using Serials Solutions among other management tools. Establishes publisher/vendor relationships related to maintenance of online resources.
* Manages patrons’ access to all online resources using EZProxy for authentication access.
* Prepares reports for the Library Director by collecting and formatting usage statistics provided by vendors and publishers.
* Troubleshoot problems with software and computer programs, such as, Sirsi, QuickDoc, Serials Solutions, EZProxy, Libguides.
* Installs and maintains computer software used by library staff and patrons; collaborates with vendors and the IT department when necessary. Manages the library’s computer laboratory in collaboration with IT. Trains library staff on how to use library software relevant to their jobs.
* Provides extended, professional reference services and library instruction to individuals and groups. Uses complex search strategies in PubMed, Scopus, CINAHL, Cochrane and other databases.
* Carries out circulation functions in the library automation system (Sirsi) and maintains accuracy of all records.
* Other duties, as assigned
Education: Master’s Degree in Library Science (MLS or Library and Information Science (MLIS), required.
Licensure: Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP), preferred
Experience: 1-2 years medical or academic library experience, required. 1-2 years experience with academic library electronic applications and solutions such as SirsiDynix, Serials Solutions, EZProxy software, required.
* Excellent communication (both written and oral), interpersonal, customer service, organization, detail orientation, project management, and multitasking skills, required.
* Advanced computer skills including Online Computer Library Center (OCLC), EZProxy, LibGuides, Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Photoshop, Serials Solutions software, SirsiDynix, and strong database searching skills with PubMed, Scopus, and CINAHL, required.
* Familiarity with library trends and issues, required. Project management skills and demonstrated organizational skills, required.
Apply: Please submit your application online via NYU Winthrop Hospital’s Career Website: http://www.nyuwinthrop.org/careers
To locate the position, please search for Job Posting Number: 18-23104.
About NYU Winthrop Hospital:
NYU Winthrop Hospital is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center and New York State-designated Regional Trauma Center. NYU Winthrop proudly offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery.
We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services. Rest assured that whatever medical care you or your family may need, NYU Winthrop is committed to a profound guiding principle: “Your Health Means Everything”
NYU Winthrop has a vibrant multi-faceted research program. As part of its mission as a teaching hospital, NYU Winthrop physicians and scientists are engaged in groundbreaking basic and clinical biomedical research.
Ever changing and growing with the diverse community it serves, NYU Winthrop Hospital is, in many ways, a unique institution, simultaneously large and small, regional as well as local. We successfully blend the progressive philosophy, sophistication and advances of a teaching and research institution with a very personal approach to patient care – an approach that has become the cornerstone of our organization.