Governors State University seeks a library professional to serve as library liaison to programs in the health sciences. This person works closely with program faculty and librarians to keep the collections in the health sciences current; selects, weeds, develops and analyzes library materials in assigned program areas, provides subject expertise for reference questions that fall in the health & human services; and provides individual and group instruction on information literacy for students and faculty in these program areas. The work schedule consists of regularly scheduled hours at the reference desk, including evenings and weekends. This person also provides reference service and instruction on general topics; develops and maintains digital subject guides and tutorials as assigned for the library website, as well as other duties as assigned.
Librarians at GSU are unit A tenure-track members of the faculty and are expected to meet yearly retention benchmarks as outlined by existing division criteria. Library Faculty are expected to meet standards for teaching/primary duties, research, and service.
Minimum Qualifications – MLS degree or ALA-recognized equivalent
– Second master’s degree
– Experience and/or degree in the health and human services
– Experience providing reference service including in the digital and web environment
– Experience providing information literacy instruction
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to move seamlessly from the professional environment to the teaching/learning arena, and to write, speak, and teach effectively
– Ability to work collaboratively with teaching faculty, library faculty & staff, students, staff & administrators and community users in a diverse academic environment.
To apply, go to http://www.govst.edu/hr