Join us in exploring innovative approaches
for improving health literacy!
Health Literacy. You’ve heard the term and decided you need to learn more about it. Or, you are familiar with it but not sure how to integrate health literacy into your work.
Plan on attending this hands-on learning conference on the University of Maryland College Park campus on Friday, October 26. Three leaders in the health literacy field – the Horowitz Center for Health Literacy, CommunicateHealth, and the Institute for Healthcare Advancement (IHA) – bring you a day of learning and participation. Network with colleagues and gain tools, tips, and skills to take back to your workplace.
Financial support provided by Consumer Health First of Maryland.
New to the field? Join us Thursday night for a Health Literacy 101 session to gain a solid grounding in the scope, incidence, cost, and impact of health literacy in the U.S.
After attending this conference, attendees will be able to:
- Identify one best practice they can implement in their work
- Evaluate three health literacy components appropriate to their practice
- Apply one learned skill to the needs of their organization and patient/client population
Who should attend?
- Public health and healthcare practitioners
- Health communication, education, and literacy practitioners
- Health information creators and distributors
- Social services providers
- Community, consumer, and patient advocates