Applications are now being accepted for the Louise Darling Medal for Distinguished Achievement in Collection Development. The Louise Darling Medal is presented annually to recognize distinguished achievement in collection development in the health sciences.
- Individual nominees must be members of MLA.
- Institutions or groups of individuals may be nominated as long as at least one person in the group is a member of MLA.
- Nominations may be made for overall distinction or leadership within collection development, production of a definitive publication related to collection development, teaching of collection development, for the development of an extraordinary national information resource or collection in any format (e.g. printed materials, audiovisuals, electronic files, etc.) or for any other collection development activity deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors, the Awards Committee, and the Louise Darling Medal Jury.
- Nominations are accepted from the MLA membership at large and from the members of the Louise Darling Medal Jury.
- The nomination form, including all supporting documentation, must be completed no later than November 1.