Job Opening: Librarian at LIRN
The Library and Information Resources Network (LIRN), a nonprofit consortium serving private education since 1996, seeks creative and flexible professionals to join our organization as librarian team members.
LIRN librarians provide training, product consulting, and reference assistance to consortium members.
We are looking for resourceful, dynamic individuals with vision and initiative to help us expand our growing librarian service. Successful candidates will work independently and collaboratively with our team and play many roles in our organization. This is an exciting opportunity for you to innovate and grow professionally while working with a wide variety of schools and developing practices to effectively serve students in diverse locations.
- American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Master’s degree
- Excellent written, oral and technical skills
- Commitment to customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and culturally diverse environment
- Familiarity with ACRL information literacy standards/frameworks
- Experience with teaching, training, presenting, or instructing
- Experience providing research assistance
- Ability to work independently within a team context
- Familiarity with database selection and evaluation
- Ability to help members match available resources to their programs
- Experience with instruction via webinars
- Experience creating instructional videos and promotional materials
- Academic experience in traditional and/or nontraditional degree and certificate programs
- Expertise in business and/or medical resources
- Experience working with trade, career, and certificate programs
- Experience with electronic services and tool
- Ability to travel to conferences and events to represent our organization
- Experience with social networking
- Ability to work a modified work week to serve members in a variety of time zones
*Compensation and Benefits*
Comprehensive benefits package including company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and disability
Company-sponsored involvement in professional organizations
Opportunities for professional growth activities
Find out more about who we are and what we do at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.lirn.net&d=BQIGaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=AXtpFLtuqK0MbU9VOwJXzQ&m=Yno15kXpoRSS7mWl_2gdNkVGJWkPKk1JK8_lhUi21qg&s=p8vDgo9LKh3UH-8qxh14Tb_5jsl1oUwnX4SV-xYdfug&e= .
*Application review will begin May 13, 2016*
To apply, submit application letter and resume or vita to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please combine all application materials into one document, preferably a PDF.
Include your first and last name in the file name and email subject line.
Cyndi Kibby, MLIS, Librarian Team Lead, Library & Information Resources Network, Inc. Our Home Page