Job opportunity – Director, Library Operations, Philadelphia PA
Ready to join a team leading library, instructional design, media production, writing & communication skills, and educational technologies at one of the top academic medical centers? The Scott Memorial Library at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA, is now accepting applications for Director, Library Operations.
What’s unique about us? As one of the most respected and established academic medical libraries in the area (we’ve been around for 126 years), the Scott Memorial Library has a rich history, but we support a university that is not afraid to try new things and embraces modernization.
An integral part of Thomas Jefferson University, our library team plays an influential role in supporting the research, education, and clinical breakthroughs at Jefferson. As Director of Library Operations, you will feel good knowing that you’re leading a valued team across our university.
If being a leading voice in the development and future planning of one of the most respected academic medical libraries in Philadelphia appeals to you, then we want you on our team.
The Director for Library Operations at the Scott Memorial Library responsibilities include daily operations and planning of public services, technical services, and library systems. In addition, the director leads the Library’s relations with affiliates and hospitals that maintain contractual agreements for electronic and other services, assists budget planning, prepares key reports, and assists the Director of the Academic Commons in strategic planning and leadership of the library.
- Works toward the continuous growth of the staff’s professional knowledge and skills and promotes internal communication.
- Supervises managers who are responsible for the daily operations of the Library including: Access Services, Information Services, Collections, Learning Resources, and the University Archives & Special Collections.
- Co-ordinates patron access, electronic authorization, and resolves issues pertaining to these areas.
- Maintains a high level of current awareness about user services, copyright development, library systems trends, and their potential or real impact on the library.
- Serves on the Academic Commons management team to accomplish strategic planning and integrate knowledge services for the University.
- Works with local and affiliated librarians, especially those maintaining contractual relationships, concerning resource-sharing activities.
- Works with the facilities teams responsible for building maintenance, environmental services, and space design for continuously improving the library as a learning environment.
- Masters in Library or Information Science or similar degree with appropriate experience.
- Seven years in a medical or science library with concentration in public services and knowledge of library automation.
- Supervisory experience.
This position currently has 5 direct reports and 18 indirect reports. This position reports to the Director of the Academic Commons.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
We would like to invite you to visit our careers site to complete your application.
- Select the link to access our careers site: https://recruit.jefferson.edu/psc/hcmp/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=9248732&PostingSeq=1
- Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
- Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.