Job Opportunity: Research Analyst
Research Triangle Park, NC
The North Carolina Biotechnology Center (NCBiotech) seeks a creative research librarian to join the Life Science Intelligence (LSI) team as a Research Analyst.
This new position is a unique role in a revenue-generating special library where you will be joining a supportive, high-performing team that believes in continuous learning, following our curiosity, and exceeding customer expectations.
Are you someone who thrives on the thrill of the search, finding those tiny gold nuggets of information in the literature? Do you love working independently, but also love to pitch in as part of a close-knit team? Do you love going above and beyond, providing the kind of customer service for clients that leaves them feeling like your one and only focus? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Life Science Intelligence
The Life Science Intelligence team gathers authoritative scientific data and business intelligence using expert search techniques in subscribed and public sources. We enable the success of our staff and our company clients by designing in-house tools, data analysis, customized reports and visualizations to analyze and communicate those data as we grow the life sciences industry in North Carolina and contribute to the commercial success of life-saving technologies.
Our team has experienced explosive growth over the past few years. Our motto is that we do our best to never say no to new opportunities. If you share this point of view, we are excited to talk with you.
The person in this role will:
- Perform literature searching for regulatory submissions by client companies.
- Collaborate as a virtually embedded professional in other Center units or client organizations.
- Develop and curate custom alerts.
- Serve on a variety of departmental and interdepartmental teams, at the Center and for the client.
- Communicate the value of the team’s work and assists in marketing LSI services by fostering relationships within the life sciences community. Attend and/or present at networking events as a representative of the unit and look for opportunities to reach new clients.
- Contribute to our clients’ information literacy and research abilities by teaching short sessions.
- Participate in professional development activities and in professional organizations.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year of experience, including reference/research work, preferably in a life science setting. A Master’s degree in library or information science or a Master’s degree in a relevant life science field is also required.
Preferred Skills and Experience
These preferred skills and experience will set a candidate apart:
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced search techniques in PubMed and/or OVID Medline. (Extra credit if you’ve conducted a systematic review!)
- Experience with visualization tools and techniques.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel. (Extra credit if you can create pivot tables in your sleep!)
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Center staff and external clients.
- Demonstrated curiosity and creative problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a contributing team member.
- Experience searching Embase.
The North Carolina Biotechnology Center is a private, state-funded non-profit who believes the library and the Life Science Intelligence team is critical to the strategic mission of the organization.
Benefits offered include generous contribution to retirement (with no match required), 23 days of vacation available on your first day in addition to 10 holidays and a floating holiday of your choosing. Generous sick, bereavement and volunteer leave are also provided. The Center has a commitment to continuous learning and development, and in addition to expecting 5% of your time is spent in learning and development activities, fully funds attendance at a national conference and pays membership to one national association, usually SLA or MLA. Attendance and participation in professional associations is expected and supported.
Minimum salary: $64,000. Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Note that Center employees must be North Carolina residents or willing to relocate. Candidates can live within commuting distance of any NC city where we have an office:
• Research Triangle Park
To apply, please provide a cover letter and resume at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=0b7d08be-192d-43f0-9265-1083f99520c7&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US
Deadline for applications is Tuesday, July 5th.
North Carolina Biotechnology Center
Vice President, Life Science Intelligence
919-549-8881 | susie_corbett@@ncbiotech.org
North Carolina: a global life sciences leader.