Job Posting: 3 VA Librarian vacancies – Massachusetts
Application Deadline Monday, Feb 24
Job Title:LIBRARIAN (MEDICAL SCIENCE)
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:VN-14-NDG-1048169
|$52,390.00 to $68,660.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, February 18, 2014 to Monday, February 24, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time – Permanent|
|3 vacancies in the following location(s):
Bedford, MA View Map
Boston, MA View Map
Northampton, MA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
Vacancy ID: 1048169
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise – “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people – our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country’s service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define “who we are,” our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (“I CARE”).
America’s Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel is required between Bedford, MA and Manchester, NH as needed
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Background investigation may be required.
Back to top
These positions are located at the VA New England Health Care System, in Boston, MA, Bedford, MA/Manchester, NH, and Northampton, MA*. The person in this position assists users while developing comprehensive skills to provide and promote evidence-based patient-centered care by teaching information literacy skills, and providing clinical decision and research support. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in locating materials and how to access/use online resources;
- Provides reference service as a team member on E-reference service;
- instructs and assists staff in the use of databases, e-journals, e-books, etc.;
- Participates in the acquisition, processing and de-activation of library materials;
- Communicates frequently and articulately with customer groups and teams (clinicians, Service Chiefs, house staff, etc.);
- Supports the implementation of decision support and knowledge-based content on the Knowledge and Information Services Center’s intranet site;
- Works with senior Librarians to assist collecting usage measures and statistics electronically;
- Participates in local and regional information networks;
- Assists in the compilation of usage, cost and effectiveness statistics on all e-content and Library Services;
- Works on statistical reports and works to improve quality and/or identify opportunities for redesign; and
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Full-time positions: Monday through Friday; 8:00AM – 4:30PM; Part-time position:8:00 AM – 1:00 PM, 4 days a week (Work schedule may vary based on the day and/or time to suit work practices)
*NOTE: The position located in Northampton is a part-time position (20 hours/week). The salary listed represents full-time employment and will be pro-rated based on the actual number of hours worked each pay-period. Likewise, benefits and time-off accrual will also be pro-rated and based on your part-time work schedule.
The position located in Bedford will be split as needed between Bedford, MA and Manchester, NH.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO: