JOB POSTING: Academic Health Sciences Librarian – UAMS Library – Little Rock, AR
ACADEMIC HEALTH SCIENCES LIBRARIAN
UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS FOR MEDICAL SCIENCES LIBRARY
The Education and Research Services (E&RS) Department at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) Library is seeking an innovative, collaborative health sciences librarian to coordinate education services. This non-tenured faculty position reports to the Head of Education and Research Services and works in a team-oriented environment. E&RS librarians provide research, reference and instructional services to UAMS faculty, staff and students. The general responsibilities of this position include teaching about biomedical information resources, conducting literature searches, consulting on projects such as systematic reviews and liaison/community engagement activities. In addition, this Librarian will coordinate the educational services of E&RS, including needs/program assessments and mentoring of new instructors. As education coordinator, this librarian will promote the integration of information resource literacy into the curricula of all UAMS colleges. As a member of the E&RS team, this librarian works to promote awareness of library services and resources at UAMS and to affiliated institutions including UAMS Regional Programs.
E&RS faculty are strongly encouraged to participate in professional activities. Activities may include service to professional associations, contributions to the profession’s knowledge base through research, conference presentations, creation/teaching of continuing education courses or original publications. The pursuit of expertise and improvement of professional skills are encouraged for all E&RS librarians.
This is a full-time, non-tenured faculty position with rank and salary commensurate with the individual’s education and experience.
- Plans and evaluates educational services within the Library (based on ACRL Standards)
- Collaborates with faculty to identify and deliver course-integrated instruction
- Works with library personnel within other departments to ensure they are prepared to successfully assist users and utilize knowledge-based resources
- Develops educational materials including online tutorials and LibGuides
- Expands instructional methods utilizing online meeting spaces (such as CoSpace or IVN) for remote educational sessions
- nvestigates new technologies; designs and implements new initiatives to improve the delivery of instructional and informational services; and provides training as necessary
- Compiles instructional statistics and maintains documentation for educational programs
ALL E&RS FACULTY RESPONSIBILITIES
All E&RS Librarians participate on Teams for Education, Liaisons, Outreach plus Research and Clinical Search Services with responsibilities to:
- Contribute to the Education Team and teach classes
- Contribute to the Research and Clinical Search Services Team by conducting literature searches and maintaining searching technical skills
- Provide departmental coverage, fulfill reference/research requests and consultations
- Provide presentations across campus on specific resources
- Assist the Outreach Team with exhibits, presentations and classes
- Serve on library and university committees
- Support all members of the Liaison Team with educational programming, and act as liaison to an assigned college, department and/or unit
- Actively participate in Library’s programs, services and strategic planning processes
- Contribute to special Library projects and department workflow as designated
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in library/information science, or equivalent
- Minimum of three years professional experience in an academic library
- Experience teaching and/or making public presentations
- Experience searching health sciences literature databases
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Ability to communicate (written & verbal) and collaborate with a broad range of health professionals and students
- Record of scholarly work and participation in professional activities
- Three years of professional experience in an academic health sciences setting
- Education and/or experience in life sciences
- Experience with ACRL educational standards
- Experience searching MEDLINE and other biomedical databases
- Experience developing educational modules or programs
- Experience with Camtasia, Blackboard, LibGuides, and/or CoSpace, WebEx, GoToMeeting or Zoom
- Experience with project management and/or team leadership and consensus building
- Experience promoting library resources and educational services via innovative, technology based methods including social media outlets
- Commitment to continuing professional development and participation in professional activities
- Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) Credentials
PROCESS TO APPLY
UAMS has recently instituted an online application process. Interested candidates should follow the instructions below for submitting their application.
NOTE: The system only allows one document to be uploaded so the cover letter, references and CV must be in a single document.
- Go to https://jobs.uams.edu
- Click on Search Jobs button
- Scroll down screen to Job Search & Search by position title OR Search by
- Category – select Faculty
- Position – select Regular Full Time
- Location – select Little Rock
- To apply, click the button at end of the full job description.
Applications can only be accepted via the online submission system.