Job Posting: Allied Health Sciences Information Librarian / Instructor, Georgia Regents, Augusta, GA
The Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library of the Georgia Regents University in Augusta invites applications for the position of Allied Health Sciences Information Librarian at the faculty rank of Instructor. The primary focus of this full-time, non-tenure track faculty position is to provide customized library services to the College of Allied Health Sciences faculty, students and staff.
The successful candidate will accomplish the following:
* Provide health information literacy instruction and research assistance
* Engage in an embedded service model for the College of Allied Health Sciences faculty, students and staff
* Collaborate with library faculty to support instruction, distance education and emerging instructional technology
* Participate in service to GRU Libraries, the profession and Georgia Regents University
* Demonstrate a capacity for scholarly productivity
* Provide assistance and instruction in person and in the virtual environment
The Allied Health Sciences Information Librarian will serve as liaison librarian to one or more academic units and will serve on library and institutional committees as a faculty member.
The Allied Health Sciences Information Librarian is expected to be active professionally in local, regional, and national associations and will contribute to the professional literature.
* Master’s degree in library science from ALA accredited program
* Familiarity with electronic health information resources and services
* Experience with or strong interest in presentation technologies to design instructional support materials in multiple formats
* Strong user-focused public services orientation
* Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
* Flexibility to work collaboratively in a cross-trained team environment
* Evidence of good judgment and organizational skills
* Evidence of ability to meet university standards in librarianship, teaching, publication research, and service commensurate with faculty status.
* One year relevant professional experience (e.g., post-MLS experience or health sciences practice)
* Familiarity with academic health center environment and role of library within it
* Experience working with nursing faculty, students and/or clinicians
* Subject background in the health or life sciences, or in information technology
* Experience in initiating creative and innovative information services programs
* Experience with LibGuides or other tools for developing online guides
* Pursuit of membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals
* Experience in grant writing
* Knowledge of best practices and emerging trends for instruction
* Professional experience in health science librarianship or nursing profession
Salary and Benefits
This position has faculty rank and status (non-tenure track). Benefits include a competitive health package, TIAA/CREF, and other retirement options. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and names of three references online at www.gru.edu/facultyjobs/<http://www.gru.edu/facultyjobs/>
Georgia Regents University is an AA/EEO/Equal Access/ADA Employer and a Tobacco-Free Institution.