Job Posting: Associate Director, Advanced Technologies and Information Systems, Welch Medical Library, Johns Hopkins University
The Welch Medical Library at Johns Hopkins University seeks a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative leader to direct the information technology activities at this premier academic health sciences library. The selected candidate will create, develop, and engineer highly responsive, scalable, and expertly designed systems that facilitate research, deliver information services, and support education. The Associate Director, Advanced Technology and Information Systems will lead a team that collaborates with many partners across the university on current projects ranging from building faculty profile and research networking systems, integrating knowledge resources in the clinical environment via the Electronic Medical Record, leading Big Data initiatives and data management systems, contributing to linked data and ontology projects, to developing portals and databases for information resources and learning objects. The position requires an engaging and diplomatic ability to manage expectations and priorities among various stakeholders.
Position Title: Associate Director, Advanced Technologies and Information Systems
Classified Title: IT Director
Department: Welch Medical Library
Salary Range: LH – (min, 109,738 – mid, 150,962 – max, 192,186)
Hiring Range: 109,738 – 150,962
The Associate Director, ATIS provides day-to-day operational management and long term strategic planning for information technology at the Welch Library. The Associate Director, ATIS develops and designs long and short range plans for application selection, software and application development, technical services, system capacity planning and configuration, and systems maintenance. He/she is responsible for identifying and developing new technology solutions, investigating and tracking industry trends, exploring state-of-art technology. Provides leadership in evaluating IT vendors, systems, services and products. Oversees and administers daily operation of all ATIS units and manages multiple technical projects and service of significant scope and interdepartmental implication. He/she will architect and lead the planning, development and maintenance of software application, systems, and services in ATIS, as well as, demonstrate the ability to assess and anticipate the impact of technology decisions across the Library. The Associate Director, ATIS reports to the Director of the Welch Medical Library.
- Direct and develop long term strategic plan for information technology at the Welch Library in collaboration with the Director of Welch Library;
- Develop annual goals and objectives for ATIS for systems, services and projects;
- Participate in annual budgeting of the Library resources for information technology;
- Administer daily operations including staff recruiting and training, consultant contracting and supervising all technical units;
- Lead and manage multiple IT projects and services in terms of planning, resource assignments, timelines and final implementation;
- Architect the integration of systems and applications that relates to biomedical information
and knowledge services, e.g., journals, databases, and other distributed resources, into existing education and research information systems;
- Direct and lead the design, creation, and administration of systems, applications, tools, and resources to support the access to and distribution of biomedical knowledge for Welch and JHMI affiliates;
- Support and participate in the pursuit and award of funded projects within the Welch Library;
- Represent ATIS, the Welch Medical Library in University-wide technical planning and implementation;
- Act as a primary liaison between faculty requiring technical services and systems and development staff;
- Maintain current knowledge of developments in the field and share knowledge and experiences with other institutions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, knowledge, or abilities of the position.
NOTE: The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment physical.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY: Visit http://hrnt.jhu.edu/jhujobs/job_view.cfm?view_req_id=65018