Job Posting: Associate Library Director, School of Medicine Library, Washington University, St. Louis
Title: Associate Library Director – School of Medicine Library – 27266
Job ID: 27266
The Associate Library Director is a high level leadership position within the medical library that reports directly to the library director. The associate director is responsible for the Health Information Resources division’s performance and for meeting the division’s strategic objectives within the established financial budget. The Health Information Resources (HIR) Division encompasses the circulation, inter-library loan and physical management of the collection of the library as well as information services specific to the delivery of health information in support of medical education, patient care, and clinical research. HIR librarians assist with complicated literature searches, serve as team members for systematic review research, provide group and individual instruction in the selection and use of appropriate databases, resources, and citation management software and give presentations and orientations to departments and programs in the Medical Center.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establishes division priorities, sets goals, makes plans, successfully implements plans
2. Evaluates staff performance and manages division staff in accordance with University and library policies
3. Recruits and hires staff, as required, in coordination with library senior staff and the human resources department
4. Prepares division budget and manages to budget
5. Actively participates in library strategic planning
6. Establishes and maintains relationships with key library partners from inside and outside of the medical school
7. Acts as the library representative to outside professional organizations
8. Identifies and solicits extramural funding for projects that support the library’s strategic directions
9. Creates written material, presentations, and electronic media to highlight and promote the division’s resources and services
10. Troubleshoots emergencies and assists in maintaining operational services as required
Equivalent of MS in library science or related area, with 5 or more years acting in a leadership and managerial role.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of the medical library’s role and potential for enhancing the research, teaching and patient care activities of school and medical center.
The hiring range for this position is $70,012 to $92,768 annually.
For more information and to apply online, please visit https://jobs.wustl.edu/psc/APPLHRMS/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=27266&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1&