Requisition Number: 18628
Job Code: 5682
Salary Range: $31,204 – $43,686 annually
Provides assistance to all library patrons including general reference and information services, user education, outreach, and literature searches. Participates in professional organizations and special projects to enhance library services.
– Reference. Staffs the Reference Desk to assist and locate information requested by users and delivers information in person or via email, mail, and/or telephone.
– Mediated Searching. Conducts electronic searches requested by patrons through databases, such as MEDLINE, and sends results to users.
– User Education. Develops instructional materials and teaches classes, to include but not limited to, the use of the library, available resources, equipment, various services offered, and policies.
– Outreach. Assists with programs and services to unaffiliated user groups such as public libraries, community based organizations, academic institutions, and members of the general public.
– Collection Development. Assists with reviewing and evaluating print and electronic materials to acquire new material for the library’s collections using book reviews, catalogs, and faculty recommendations.
– Education. Continues to grow professionally by staying abreast of technology, attending professional conferences and seminars and classes, and reading trade journals.
– Policy and Procedures. Assists with the development of library policies and procedures.
– Complaints. Responds to and resolves any patron complaints. Informs supervisor of any unresolved issues.
– Other Duties. Performs related duties as assigned to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
For more information and to apply online, please visit https://jobs.ou.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=301769