Job Posting: Collections Technician – Laupus Library, ECU, Greenville, North Carolina
East Carolina University’s Laupus Health Sciences Library is recruiting a Collections Technician (Library Technician Univ-Advanced).
The Laupus Health Sciences Library connects the education, research, and clinical programs of ECU Health Sciences, Eastern Area Health Education Center (EAHEC), and health care practitioners at ECU Health Medical Center in Greenville and ECU Health system affiliates across eastern North Carolina with quality health information. The library’s Collection Services Department orders library circulating, reference, serial, and history materials and ensures those materials are discoverable and accessible.
- Maintains content for electronic resource access and management service tools within Serhold, Serials Solutions, EBSCOnet, and OpenAthens
- Troubleshoots and works to resolve complex access and technical problems with health science resources, responds to reported issues, and works with internal and external partners to fix issues in a timely manner.
- Contributes to collections evaluation projects for interlibrary loan and other resource sharing needs to ensure appropriate protocols followed, which are associated with the needs of fair use, copyright law, state and federal public records law, and intellectual property rights.
- Creates and deletes records and adds and edits metadata for records in OCLC Connexion and Symphony Workflows.
- Evaluates, completes, and recommends corrections and enhancements as part of both record quality control projects and library software product evaluations.
- Aids Collection Development Librarian in preparations for major projects such as textbook purchasing, year-end spend, and other times of intense focus for quality resource allocation by preparing basic budget documents and reports as well as statistical gathering and preparing for resource use analyzation.
- Manages Better World Book donation processes
- Oversees and performs circulating book inventories
- Performs physical processing of print books and journals
- Trains students to work on collections projects
- Stays informed of technical services trends, changing practices, new cataloging software applications, and local technology changes. Participates in local meetings and discussion groups, as well as professional development opportunities as funding permits.
- Additional duties as assigned
To support positive work-life balance, in accordance with university’s Flexible Work Arrangements regulation, a hybrid and flexible work schedule for this position is available.
Anticipated hiring range: $48,000 – $52,000
Please see the ECU employment site for full details regarding the position.
The link is below.
Please contact Marlena Rose, head of the Search Committee, for any questions.
Marlena Rose, MLIS, AHIP
Library Associate Professor
Assistant Director of Collections & Historical Services
Laupus Health Sciences Library
East Carolina University