Job Opportunity – Health Sciences Scholarly Engagement Librarian, West Virginia University
WVU Health Sciences Library seeks applications for a Health Sciences Scholarly Engagement Librarian to build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships in assigned disciplines including the School of Dentistry and several departments within the School of Medicine. Additionally, the librarian will provide research support, teach information literacy, as well as plan and implement library services and initiatives.
- Actively engage with faculty and students in assigned liaison areas including the School of Dentistry and several departments within the School of Medicine.
- Build strong working relationships with faculty, students, and staff and promote the library and its services to the campus community.
- Support researchers through in-person and virtual consultations.
- Participate in general reference assistance through on-call and chat service
- Identify and develop effective library instruction for key courses.
- Collaborate with faculty on the development of effective library assignments.
- Create learning materials and online aids such as LibGuides
- Conduct workshops on the use of sophisticated library resources.
- Teach ULIB 102: Introduction to Library Research for the Health Sciences or ULIB 101: Introduction to Library Research.
- Educate and inform faculty and graduate students regarding scholarly communication such as scholarly publishing, open access, open science, predatory publishing and research impact.
- Participate in the Health Sciences Library Systematic Review Service
Please see the full position description at https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=21116&lang=en for more information and to apply.