This librarian is a member of the Information Services Department and supports the ECU College of Allied Health Sciences (CAHS) by working with students and teaching faculty to provide reference assistance and access to information to support learning.
Other duties of this position include providing evidence based literature searches, instruction and assistance on information resources and databases both onsite and via the web, consultations with research faculty to provide professional literature searching, partnering with teaching faculty to provide library and information literacy instruction classes or other learning objects for students, and working scheduled shifts at the reference desk including some Saturdays.
This librarian is expected to be active in professional library organizations and to maintain membership eligibility for the Medical Library Association Academy of Health Information Professionals.
- Serve as a library liaison to students and faculty in CAHS by providing targeted reference and information seeking support
- Routinely interact and communicate with students and faculty to assess information needs in support of curriculum and research, and respond with appropriate library services or resources
- Teach library and information skills programs and assist in design and development of instruction, including evaluation of instruction
- Provide reference assistance in regular shifts within Laupus Library
- Participate in evaluating and advocating for new resources and/or services on behalf of the College of Allied Health Sciences
- Serve on committees and projects with other Laupus Library colleagues
- Represent Laupus Library at meetings and similar work related events;
- Maintain professional demeanor, behavior and ethics
- Participate in scholarly activities and professional service
- Participate in professional development classes or other activities regularly
- Perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
- Fixed term appointment available at the level of Assistant Professor or higher.