Job Posting: Information Literacy and Assessment Librarian, Misericordia University, Dallas, PA
This full time position will implement a campus-wide information literacy program that consists of assessment, evaluation and information partnerships with faculty of campus. Specifically, the Information Literacy and Assessment Librarian will review, design, coordinate, and evaluate a campus-wide information literacy program; develop and administer program assessments; train instructors to teach students how to identify their information needs, locate and gather resources for effective academic use; and serve as a liaison to assigned departments for collection development and library instruction.
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- A minimum of two years related experience and/or training
- Knowledge of library systems and accepted reference practices
- Experience and familiarity with searching library databases
- Familiarity with accepted methods of assessment testing for information literacy in all formats
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret the ACRL Standards for Information Literacy to develop a viable program
- Knowledge of integrated library system, such as Sirsi, and online instruction and web based tutorial programs, such as Camtasia, LibGuides, and Blackboard
- Computer proficiency and experience with the Internet, email and basic computer software programs in a Windows environment, including word processing, presentation, database and spreadsheets
- Experience in using technology in an educational or library setting
- Experience developing and delivering information literacy instruction in health sciences
- Experience with html/web authorizing and editing programs
- Experience in an academic library setting
- Experience using a Sirsi system
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
This position also requires the demonstrated ability to use online instruction, web based instructional tools, and other Web 2.0 resources; the ability to create library instruction materials that assist in teaching information literacy principles; and the ability to design online instruction, web based tutorials and content modules for delivery through various means. The ability to work rotating evenings and weekends is required.
For confidential consideration, please apply online through the link below and include a cover letter, resume, and references or apply by mail addressed to Misericordia University, Office of Human Resources, 301 Lake Street, Dallas, PA 18612
Please note that this online application only allows for one attachment. Please plan accordingly to submit a cover letter and resume through one attachment.