JOB POSTING – Lead, Education and Curriculum Integration – NYU Health Sciences Library – NYC, NY
JOB POSTING – Lead, Education and Curriculum Integration – NYU Health Sciences Library- New York City, New York.
NYU Health Sciences Library welcomes applicants for the position of Lead, Education and Curriculum Integration, a faculty librarian appointment in the NYU Grossman School of Medicine: https://hsl.med.nyu.edu/jobs
The Lead, Education and Curriculum Integration will have primary responsibility for bridging the continuum from undergraduate (UME) to graduate medical education (GME) programs by leading and actively participating with medical education faculty embedded in both programs. As part of this role, the Lead, Education and Curriculum Integration is expected to develop, implement and coordinate innovative EBM programming (e.g. developing curriculum and support for EBM in addition to the existing curriculum, identifying gaps in teaching and assessment of EBM across the continuum, etc.). This position will supervise the UME and GME librarians; and in collaboration with them, will provide education and outreach to medical students in their clinical years and in residency training.
In addition to their role directly supporting education, this position will also support library users by 1) serving as a liaison to one or more academic departments, including providing dedicated support through clinical rounding, search and citation management consultations and workshops, and other support as appropriate for the user community, and 2) contributing to the library’s support of systematic reviews through leading effective systematic review consultations, building skills in systematic searching, and serving as a collaborator on systematic reviews. Depending on an individual’s professional interest, other possibilities within the library may exist.
The Lead, Education and Curriculum Integration will also be expected to conduct and present library research based on services, education, and outreach developed in their role. Additional responsibilities include serving on library, School of Medicine, and health system committees and/or task forces as appropriate.
The successful applicant will be someone with the ability to take advantage of a highly flexible work environment, build partnerships with new user communities, and develop new services and curricula. They will also have a demonstrated track record of drive, strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, innovation, and a personal commitment to excellence and innovation. This position will lead the library’s medical education faculty at the forefront of revitalizing the way librarians engage with evidence-based medicine throughout the continuum of medical education. This group is currently involved in the medical school curriculum across all years of undergraduate medical education and has targeted outreach in graduate medical education. The successful candidate will be appointed at the Assistant or Associate Curator level, comparable to Assistant or Associate Professor.
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, and is one of the nation’s premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research, and medical education. The Health Sciences Library supports the mission and vision of NYU Langone Health through forging meaningful connections with our users, providing innovative services, a top-tier digital collection, user-focused spaces, and a strong commitment to excellence and innovation.
* Provide oversight and coordination for the Library’s support of medical education at NYU Langone Health;
* Supervise Library faculty focused on medical education;
* Provide small group, virtual, clinic-based and classroom-based evidence-based medicine training;
* Represent the Library in the development of new curriculum initiatives with School of Medicine partner units;
* Support EBM integration into the Clerkship years;
* Work in other areas dependent on Library needs / candidate’s interest and expertise, including:
* Serving as a liaison to one or more academic departments
* Supporting systematic review services
* Collaborate with other librarians in offering educational sessions and information services/support to all faculty, students and staff of NYU Langone Health;
* Provide direct assistance to users via the Library’s ticketing system, email, and in-person and virtual consultation;
*Work collaboratively and collegially with colleagues to support the Library’s Vision, Mission, and Strategic Goals
* Master’s degree in library/information science or related fields or another relevant advanced degree
* Experience or knowledge of designing and delivering library instruction to adult learners
* Demonstrated abilities in teaching evidence-based medicine
* Interest in participating in clinical rounds
* Strong service orientation with excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills
* Experience supervising professional staff or faculty
* Conversant in information-related competencies in undergraduate and graduate medical education
* Creativity in approaches to active learner engagement
* Experience in an academic health sciences library
* Expert database searching and citation management skills in support of systematic reviews
Compensation and Benefits:
The NYU Grossman School of Medicine offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, retirement benefits, time off, tuition benefits, wellness programs, and more. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Health Sciences Library provides mentoring and support for research, scholarship and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development. Interested candidates from outside the New York City area are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, and three references at: https://apply.interfolio.com/83303 Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.